My Silver Award from Ventureworthy.com

Thursday, February 7, 2013

They are killing.....my crochet hook??

So I am using Red Heart's Super Saver Pale Plum yarn for an Aran Afghan that hubby wants me to make for him. This yarn is so rough that it feels like I am trying to crochet with a Brillo pad! I looked at my aluminum crochet hook to see scratches. What?? Scratches? I was confused. How did they get there? "Hun, did you use my hook to get something sharp out of a hole??" Hubby gives me the "You're joking right" look telling me instantly it wasn't him. Can't blame the kids cause Bree and James love their hands too much to touch my hooks.  So I start back up on the afghan and something says look at the hook again. And I see that the scratches are deeper and snagging on the yarn! If Red Heart knew this yar was horrible, why would they keep it on shelves even if it is cheap? Next thing I do is start looking for a way to soften this yarn but I am dismayed that the only way involves lots of cheap hair conditioner. Ok when I get some cash I can visit the Dollar General. But why didn't Red Heart make a yarn softener since they know the yarn is so course??
   Next time I will spend the $4.99 plus tax to get Hobby Lobby's " I Love This Yarn!!". It is so darn soft my Bree Bree cuddles at night with her blanket. I know this much, I need a new hook :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment