My Silver Award from Ventureworthy.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crocheters of the world unite!!!

So in 3 days it will be March. March to my utter enjoyment, is National Crochet Month :). In honor of crochet month I went to Michael's and bought a new pink N hook (aluminum), and a pack of beautiful stitch savers. My husband hates when I go into hobby store because he says I act like a kid in a candy store lol. But it is a candy store for serious crocheter's. I will never apologize for wanting every skein of yarn I see or lusting for every hook in every size.
 With our month up coming I am proud to have the blood of the Irish in me from whence our trade of crochet came. Ireland gave us crocheting and the CGoA (Crochet Guild of America) is reminding us all that crocheting is a beautiful hobby and skill to learn. So it is our duty to teach the kiddies, or even your friends that have asked about crocheting. Get the word out there and help encourage the wild growth of the crochet craft by teaching the young, and I mean boys as wells as girls :o). Make sure that the art of crochet does not die out. Google has reported that the words "How to crochet." is in the top ten search list for 2012! That means there are are tons of peeps looking to enter into the vast yarn land that is crochet :o).
As for me, I am going to continue to teach my neighbor how to crochet, remind my daughter to finish her crochet project this month,  shred on in my projects that I started, and continue to post on this blog, no matter if I have 1 or none followers. I LOVE CROCHET! And I will sing it from the moutains.... If north Texas had mountains lol. Crochet is not old, nor is it an old woman's craft. The possibilities of what can be made with a hook and a skein of yarn is limitless and the sooner my generation remembers this the better my daughters generation and her children's generation and so on, will be. Happy Crochet Month to all my fellow Hookers. Make it great, make it right and always make it with love. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment