My Silver Award from Ventureworthy.com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Is this where the Heart is??

So a little while ago I posted about how horrible the Red Heart Super Saver yarn is. It is scratchy and super coarse and has to be soaked in conditioner to soften it. Well I went to Walmart to pick up hubby's next color in his afghan, (I want to stay with this yarn because a switch would be noticeable) and I got a shock. The pumpkin color that hubby chose is super soft like Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Yarn!". I do mean really soft. How can this yarn come from the same company?? The difference is night and day!
It is super frustrating to have to deal with that Brillo pad like plum color yarn and then to buy the pumpkin and it be so soft. Consistency is a must Red Heart! You used to be the top dog in the craft world, but then you fell off the wagon and started not caring about consistency.  And of course I am unable to find the plum yarn because it is no dye lot yarn. All I ask for in crocheting materials is that it is consistent throughout, not feel like steel wool or saw through my hook. Is that too much to want?
Now my hubby's afghan will feel completely different.and I am going to need a ton of conditioner to soften the completed work. Red Heart you have lost me. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment